SPORTSPARK ACTIVITIES FOR THIS GIRL CAN
This Girl Can is a celebration of active women who are doing their thing no matter how well they do it, how they look or even how red their face gets. Funded by The National Lottery and developed by Sport England, we want to help women overcome the fear of judgement that is stopping too many women and girls from joining in.
Girl of the Month - We have been talking to our customers and staff in order to award our users with being Sportspark' Girl of the Month in the run up to our final event.
Abi Davis was our first winner. Abi has struggled with eating disorders in the past and was almost hospitalised before attending her first Bodypump class at the Sportspark. Coming to the Sportspark enabled Abi to change her mindset about how she views her body and fuels it for all the sporting activities she loves. Congratulations Abi keep up the hard work!
Connie Adam is our April winner. Connie took up Fencing at the age of 60 after seeing a local advert for a "come and try session". Since then Connie has been scouted by the Veterans Great Britain Team and competed in almost all the world championships whilst seeing the world. Now 89, and having not travelled much in her earlier years Connie said the best bit has been making friends across the globe.
This Girl Can Open Evening - Friday 30th June 2017
Sportspark have been working hard to bring you a variety of FREE activities in the month of June in the run up to our This Girl Can Open Evening! Please see the sessions below.
This Girl Can June Timetable
Terms and Conditions
- Sportspark’s standard terms and conditions of use apply to all of the This Girl Can events at Sportspark.
- All activities at both This Girl Can events are subject to availability on a first come first served basis. We do not guarantee any spaces on any free activities.
- There will be an official photographer and film crew in attendance within Sportspark during both This Girl Can events. Therefore, photographs and film footage of anyone participating in and attending Sportspark's Games, may be used by Sportspark, the BBC in a variety of promotional channels which may include (but is not limited to) news footage, printed material, digital channels including website pages and social media, press releases, etc.
- Sportspark and Active Norfolk reserve the right to cancel any activities at short notice.
- Parking will be available at Sportspark or within the main UEA car park, subject to availability. To access free UEA parking, please get your UEA car parking token validated at Sportspark before you leave.
- Pool adult/child supervision ratios: as a minimum, children under the age of 12 years must be accompanied in the water by a parent or adult aged 16+ years to a minimum ratio of 1 x adult to every 2 children aged under 12 years
- Group Exercise classes and Myride®+ sessions (16+) are free on the This Girl Can Ladies Open Evening, subject to availability. HOWEVER, they are also prebookable by members (up to 14 days in advance), and non-members (up to 7 days in advance) at the standard member or Pay and Play rate (as applicable).
- No filming and photography is allowed within the Sportspark building (except by the official photographer/camera crew). Sportspark's standard Photography Policy applies.
- There will be free entrance to Sportspark between 6pm and 10pm during the This Girl Can Ladies Open Evening.
- Sportspark reserves the right to refuse entry to any persons during any of its free event.
** Prize Draw - terms and conditions apply. These will be clearly displayed on the entry forms.